May 12, 2013

Mothers are special!

Mom n me <3

Yay!It's 12th of May. A very Happy Mother's Day to you mom and to all the other lovely mommies/mommies-to-be, across the world. This day of the year is dedicated to you'll and so is my post.

We all know the priceless feeling attached to having mom made food. Just regular daal roti made by her can be more satisfying than a gourmet meal at a fancy restaurant. Their cooking skills, we can hardly match, or may be its the love with which they cook thats the real catch.

With summer on its way, I thought sharing a drink recipe from my mum's collection would be the perfect way to mark her importance on this special day and prepare ourselves to face American summer the Indian way:))


Aam paana: A drink that I practically grew up on back in India. Never tried making it myself, dreading the thought of not being able to match the taste of my mom. This Mother's Day I decided to borrow the recipe, give it a shot and share it on my blog.


Ingredients  
  • 2 raw mangoes
  • 10 to 12 fresh mint leaves
  • 4 cups water
  • 1 tbsp black salt( kala namak)
  • 1 green chilly (chopped)
  • Sugar as per taste.
Method
  • Peel of the skin from the mangoes.Slice into long pieces and boil using 4 cups of water. Cook until they get tender.
  • Store the water and grind the pieces along with the mint leaves and green chilly.
  • Strain this mixture using a strainer and collect the liquid in a bowl.
  • Add the water to the strained mixture and let it cool.
  • Add black salt and sugar as per taste.
  • Put in the fridge and serve chilled


Flavorful, refreshing and loaded with nutrients, this cool summer drink has it all. It does lack the love my mom would mix in it if she made it with her own hands, nevertheless sipping on it from miles apart, does make me feel closer to her heart.

Cheers! What are we celebrating? Nothing much except for motherhood<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment