June 18, 2013

Same airport, different emotions!

Airports:

There is something so strange about the way they can make you feel.I call it strange because the 
variety of emotions it can put you through each time you find yourself at an airport. Same place yet different emotions dependent upon two simple yet strong words. Arrivals and departures!!!

For any Indian like me, staying in a country other than India,the meaning and feeling of being at an airport goes beyond the obvious reasons.

Trips to India are long awaited. When it happens,the departure from the U.S. airport and the arrival at the Mumbai airport fills the heart with excitement and joy. I love this feeling of being at the airport. Starting to count the hours/minutes at the back of my mind,my heart begins to anticipate the feeling of meeting my loved ones.

Pretty soon,even before I realize my trip comes to an end and its time to head back. I leave for the airport. The same one,but the feelings attached with being at that airport doesnt remain the same. They seem to have taken a 180 degree turn. I feel the difference. My excitement is replaced by the sorrow to separate from my loved ones back in India. I hate this feeling of being at the airport.Starting to count the minutes/seconds at the back of my mind once again,my heart wants to make use of all the little time I have before I say my final goodbye. 

Whether its the arrival of friends/family coming to visit me in the US or the departure of the same. Whether it is my own arrival into India or departure from the same. I keep juggling between the love-hate relationship of being at the airport and it never seems to change!





2 comments: