June 24, 2013

The Indian attire!


The only thing more beautiful than a sari,is the woman herself!
Few things are timeless.A sari is one amongst them.It never seems to go out of fashion.Despite of getting a little makeover here and there with due respect to the change in time and trends, it still is (I believe so) the most precious asset in the closet of the Indian women!(including me)

Whether it is our moms wearing it on a daily basis and yet performing those household chores with such finesse (yet to figure out how!),or the famous divas from the Indian film industry rocking it at international events(remember Ash at cannes?)The versatility of the sari,to make a woman look subtle or hot (whatever she chooses to be) goes unmatched.

As much as I love this Indian attire on myself, living in the USA since two years has given me rare occasions to wear my ethnics. A diwali puja, friends wedding, or a dandiya night gets me excited to adorn that sari I picked up on my last visit to India. If only I could wear it more often here.

Nevertheless my online hunt for those chiffons and georgettes,Manish malhotras and Sabyasachis never seems to rest. If you are looking to buy one or simply hoping to stay connected with latest in trend. Check out the below mentioned sites. I simply love them.



Happy shopping!!

Celebs at Cannes,and the designer labels!
Courtesy: google images.

The style statement....ain't nobody like a Desi girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment