February 14, 2017

Valentines Day OOTD

Come February, and it definitely seems like love is in the air. My inbox is overflowing with special valentines day shopping deals, merchandise at the mall is drenched in shades of red on their window displays! Dunkin' Donuts and their heart shaped donuts or for that matter 50 shades darker playing at the movies. Everything seems to be love struck.

Luckily RJ and me have the same take on Valentine's Day or any such special occasion. We don't pressurize ourselves into celebrating it,  however do make time to do a thing or to. Lately with our little one around, even a dinner (just him and me) turns into an occasion for us. And so we decided to do so over the weekend and call it our V-day date! 


Couple of weeks back, I met Arpana Moorjani from Brag your style. She is a Personal Stylist and had expressed her interest to style me for my next blogging event. That was such a sweet gesture and the thought of being styled by a stylist was super exciting for me.

I texted Arpana and asked her if she would style me for my date night with RJ instead,  and she happily agreed! 

Personally, I love Arpana's fashion sense and had no doubts that she would do an equally good job on me. We got on a quick call and she asked me about my preferences. Things I like to wear,  things I don't,  brands I usually shop from and my budget for the entire outfit. After hearing it all she suggested putting together some looks for me that I could pick from.

By next day, I had so many options in my email. Arpana had come up with some really fun and flirty looks for me and I had a tough time zeroing it down to just one. 

She went ahead and ordered what I chose and brought it home for me to try it on. It fit perfectly well and we both knew that this was it! We also did a tiny photo shoot of the entire look and here it is- 

Outfit details: Bodysuit - Topshop // Pencil skirt - Missguided //
Bow choker necklace - Nordstrom 


The best part about this outfit is how I can re-style it in many ways and use the skirt and bodysuit separately in future. The black choker is so versatile and I know it's going to be one accessory i'll be using frequently. 

This entire process of getting styled and being clicked turned out to be so much fun,  and of course so was my date night with RJ



No comments:

Post a Comment